For Atlassian Command Line Interface (“ACLI”) by Appfire
Adding new users to your Jira account one at a time is time consuming and tedious. Get there faster using ACLI to do the heavy lifting.
Why is this helpful?
If you need to add a large number of users to your Jira account, ACLI can help you get it done quickly, with minimal manual work. Amelie Winkler illustrates using this example: After an acquisition, you receive a CSV file with 100 users that need to be added to Jira. See how to do it in the video above.
Grab this script:
NOTE: “Sandbox” and “~/Downloads/NewUsers.csv” are variables you’ll need to change. Replace “Sandbox” with your Jira instance and replace “~/Downloads/NewUsers.csv” with the location of your CSV file.
>>> sandbox --action runFromCsv --file ~/Downloads/NewUsers.csv --common "--action addUser"
- Prepare the CSV file to make sure the columns align with the respective Jira fields (userId, userEmail, userFullName, group).
- Open the ACLI shell connected to your Jira instance.
- Select the action runFromCsv.
- Select the file.
- Once you’ve selected the correct file, run a common action for all of the items in that CSV file (in this case, addUser).
- Close the command and run it.
- Follow along in Jira as the users are added, or do something else while you wait for it to finish.
And there you have it! 100 users added to your Jira account after just a few clicks on your part.
Last updated: 2022-09-30