The teams at ScriptRunner and Appfire have joined forces to provide Comala Workflows users with a powerful new feature – now you can generate Jira issues from pages that are in the “approved” workflow state. Visit ScriptRunner’s website to download the script that powers this functionality and get started right away.
What does the script do?
For years our customers have wanted to use Comala Workflows to automatically create a Jira issue once a page was approved in Confluence. Teams need to collaborate on documents like feature descriptions, get them approved by management, and then get issues created for those features immediately. Confluence, Jira, Comala Workflows, and ScriptRunner come together to allow you to do just that. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to set up; on a server with Workflows installed, you can have the script working in just minutes.
How it works
The integration requires both Comala Workflows and ScriptRunner to be installed on the same Confluence instance. You must also clearly identify the “final” states of your Workflow in the script for it to work correctly. Here are the precise steps for configuring the integration:
- Ensure both apps are installed in your instance
- Open Confluence’s General Configuration and choose SCRIPTRUNNER: Event Listeners
- Press Add New Item → Custom event listener
- Fill out the event listener form. The “Events” field should be ApprovalApprovedEvent
- Change the fields in Line 24 as necessary (see ScriptRunner’s instructions here)
- Run the script
We’d like to offer a big thank you to the team at ScriptRunner for helping us bring this helpful functionality to Confluence users everywhere.
Last updated: 2023-01-24