All-in-one automation for fast, complete Jira customization
Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) puts automation in your hands to configure how and where you need it in your specific Jira instance.
Quickly configure automations without code
40+ conditions, validators, and post functions let you quickly build sophisticated automations without code (see all for Jira Cloud and Jira Data Center/Server). They are all available within the Jira workflow designer. You can also automate your processes based on triggers using all JMWE post functions outside of Jira workflows.
Extend automations further with simplified scripting
With JMWE, you can also write simplified scripts to amplify your automated functions further. Whether using simple or sophisticated scripts, the user-friendly editor with interactive inline help, syntax highlighting, and a script tester will make it easy – even a novice can quickly master it. The Build-your-own condition, validator and post function will give the utmost flexibility.
Most, if not all, of your business scenarios, can be deployed and automated with Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, including:
- Automatically assign issues to users or send out custom action-based emails;
- Change availability of transitions based on different parameters, such as statuses of linked issues or subtasks;
- Automatically create one or multiple issue(s) during a transition (or even delete issues);
- Schedule post functions like email notifications at set times with JQL;
- Build complex post function sequences and reuse them across projects;
- And much more.
Other features include:
- Event-based Actions: Run any of the JMWE post functions outside of Jira workflows. Instead of depending on issue transition to kick off automation, it can be triggered by events such as field updates, comments, links or attachments added, etc.
- Shared Actions: Configure post functions, and even sequences of post functions, once and then added to multiple transitions across different workflows.
- Sequences of post functions: Combine several JMWE post-functions into one sequence so that they can all run in a predefined order.
- Scheduled Actions: Schedule JMWE post functions to run based on time on issues returned by a JQL search.
- Issue Transitions history in the activity section makes it easy to view the history of status changes with authors and time-in-status data.
Read this guide to learn more about these JMWE features.
JMWE support resources
For Atlassian Solution Partners
Last updated: 2023-01-24